The 1929 Nuremberg Party Day Badge of 1929 was a commemorative
badge designed to be worn at a Nazi Party rally. A Nazi
Party Day had been held three times previously, but the
fourth, Aug. 2-4, 1929, attracted more than 60,000 men and
Hitler Youth. There were ceremonies honoring German dead
from the Great War, and street fights with communists. The
shield-like badge featured the name of the city, the dates
of the Great War, an eagle perched on a helmet and the
designation as Party Day for 1929. Many party members
continued to wear the badge, and it was officially
recognized as a party decoration on Nov. 6, 1936. The
badge was worn on the left breast pocket of party uniforms.
Reproduction fitted with a pin-back.